Saturday, April 28, 2012

Goodnight, Lord


  
Although I’m tired, I feel the need to write something for the blog.  I’ve started several different things, but they just aren’t flowing, gelling or working.  I feel compelled to get something posted, no matter what.  That is probably not a good reason to write.  But, here is where I am tonight.

Well, Lord, this has been a very good day as well as a very long day.  My brain doesn’t want to work. It feels like mush.  My fingers don’t want to hit the right keys. Well, actualloly they do wnat to  hi the wright keys, but tey aren’t.   I’m not complaining, Lord.  I just want you to know what I’m feeling.  Silly me, of course you know what I’m feeling.  I just want to tell someone, I guess.  So, I’m telling you. I’m tired and I want to go to bed.

Before I go, though, I want you to know I’ve been blessed today.  Thank you for the beautiful and safe drive to a son’s home.  Thank you for the delicious lunch we enjoyed at a restaurant.  And Father, thank you for the shopping trip for much needed shoes. Two pairs, wow.

Yes, I am truly thankful for all those things, but they are just things. Wait, Lord.  I didn’t mean that the way it sounded. They are things, and they are truly blessings.  By things I meant they are not family. They aren’t my loved ones.  They are not what I hold dear. 

You know I am thankful for the things in my life, but I am even more thankful for my children, their spouses, and their children.  I sit here in awe of the way they have all blessed me, especially over the past years. Their generosity and love overwhelm.   The way they listen to your leading is humbling.  Thank you.

Oh, Lord, forgive me.  My heart knows one thing, but my mushy head says another, and my clumsy fingers type something else. Of course I know in the very depths of my being that my family’s love and generosity is nothing compared to yours.  Theirs allows me only the teensiest glimpse into the abundance of yours. 

Although I don't deserve their generosity and love, I  am still blessed by it. That being said, there is absolutely no way I deserve the love and generosity you show me on a daily basis.  Deserving the love and generosity you showed me on the cross, is completely out of the question. No, I don't deserve it; grace I think it's called.  You truly bless me. I am humbled.

Yes, the day has been a long one. My brain no longer functions, and I’m now ready to put my little blessed body and soul into bed.  Thanks for the wonderful day that filled me with your blessings and love and grace. Goodnight, Dad.

 Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment