Monday, August 11, 2014

Wind Up Jesus into Your Heart

Traffic on Doing and Being Avenue was moving quite smoothly this sunny Monday morning--at least at first. Nothing had slowed me down as I made my way from Bed Making Junction to Breakfast Plaza. All was going well as I rounded the corner at Dish Washing Street and made the leisurely drive to Coffee Causeway, but when I approached Blog Post Parkway everything was slowing down,

s l o w i n g   d  o  w  n,

until it finally came to a complete halt. So here I sit, wondering how long this delay will be.

While I sit here waiting for something amazing to write, let me tell you about something I might have already told you. If I did, it was so long ago I don't remember writing it and am too lazy to read through 400 previous posts to check. Maybe you don't remember it either. It is about a song my college bound granddaughter wrote when she was four or five years old. As family and friends surrounded her during a prayer time at church yesterday, I recalled that song.

"Nana, I wrote a song today!"

"Really? What did you call it?"

"Wind up Jesus into Your Heart."

"And what is it about?" I couldn't imagine.

"Jesus is like a kite on a string and you have to wind him into your heart."

"Can you sing it for me?" She proceeded to sweetly sing the title line several times, then finished with a curtsy.

"Beautiful!" I responded.

As I said, that song from years ago came to mind yesterday as we prayed for my granddaughter. Deep inside I silently prayed that as she enters a world she has never know but excitedly awaits, she will not let winds, whether small breezes, gusts, or violent storms, of temptation pull Jesus away from her.

Before we said our tearful "goodbye--see ya later" I hugged her and said quite impulsively, "Remember to wind up Jesus into your heart every day." She got a funny, somewhat confused, look on her face, and then, as only she can do, cracked up laughing and said, "I'll remember, Nana, I'll remember."

Blog Post Parkway is now clear. I'm off again, but am not sure to where. Blackberry Boulevard might be a nice place to stop awhile; however, I must check that I have Jesus wound into my heart before I pull out into today's traffic.

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment