Saturday, August 9, 2014

Another McDonald's Morning

I am surprised how difficult it can be to write after not doing so for a couple weeks. I had planned to write the day after I got home from the family reunion. Obviously I didn't do that. Yesterday was going to be the day, the real day, I was going to write. In an e-mail to my dad I even said I was going to spend the morning writing for the blog. Well, that didn't happen either. Instead I did laundry, paid bills, figured out my August budget, did the Sunday crossword and Sudoku puzzles, made turkey soup, let Licorice Kitty out, let Licorice Kitty in, let Licorice Kitty out, let Licorice Kitty in, and wasted time checking out Facebook and Twitter.

Push has finally come to shove. It is now time to write. Breakfast at McDonalds has always worked before. My tummy is full and happy. Full because I filled it, and happy because I chose the most healthy menu item I could--an egg McMuffin with no cheese. So, let's see if sitting in the midst of six noisy children gets the blood flowing. If I weren't awake when I came in here at 7:30 a.m., the combination of noise and coffee should wake up some sort of creativity.

Here is what my proposed day looks like. When I am through writing, I am doing some grocery shopping. That is a task I don't really enjoy doing, but am thankful I can do it. When that is completed I am going to a park by the river to paint. I haven't brought out the water colors for several years now. It is time. That means there is a bag in the back seat of the car holding my water-color paper, pencils, paints, white plates to mix colors on, a couple plastic containers to hold brush-cleaning water, and a plastic container full of water to use as needed. I am ready.

This evening there is an early 18th birthday celebration for my granddaughter who heads off to college tomorrow. That will be a tough one. I am excited for her, but sad at the same time. I will miss her.

This place is filling up, so I had better hit the road. I realize what I have written isn't inspirational. It isn't even thought provoking. It is just where my head is this morning--no where.

As I process all the activities of last week's family reunion, I will write about the thoughts. I am anxious to see what is hidden inside this brain of mine. Stay tuned.

The Lord is good. This day will be good also,
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment