Sunday, December 29, 2013

Out of Sight

HELP!! Take them all away before I eat so many I make myself sick--wasabi and soy sauce almonds that is. I eat only one or two at a time, but over the course of a couple hours, that is a lot of almonds. By my estimation, 350 calories worth. I guess that's my lunch today.

Then there is the box of chocolate-mint cookies, and the peanut brittle, and the peanut butter fudge, and the licorice Altoids, and the boxes of microwave popcorn. Oh, so many temptations not to yield to. I can do this. I know I am stronger than sugar and salt and butter. I can do this.

There. The cookies are in their box on the far side of the living room. The peanut butter fudge is in the freezer. The almonds are in the bedroom, and the popcorn boxes are put away in the utility room. The peanut brittle is in an airtight container in the kitchen. There is nothing on my table except a laser pointer for the cat and my laptop/mouse.

An old idiom proclaims, "Out of sight, out of mind," but I declare, "Out of sight, the more exercise I get fetching it." Maybe the calories burned while fetching equal the calories consumed while eating the fetched items, especially if I run, hop, skip or jump to the hidden treasures. (note to self--apply for a multi-million dollar grant to study this. Add a gym membership to the total)

With junk food stashed, but not out of mind, I'm considering putting away Christmas decorations while I listen to the Seattle Seahawk's game. That should keep my mind busy for awhile. Then, at half-time, I will race to the freezer to see if peanut butter fudge is as good frozen as it is at room temperature.

So, my friends, as 2013 is almost used up, be blessed, be safe, and be filled with joy.

Jan (who wants an almond with her tea) and Licorice Kitty (who went out for a fast-food lunch: mouse burger and grass blades)


No comments:

Post a Comment