Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Child's Song in Home Depot

A memory I had filed away many years ago popped up today while with my prayer group. As we sang an old chorus I hadn't sung in years, I suddenly pictured my oldest grandson perched on his papa's shoulders as they walked around Home Depot. While the four year-old looked over everyone's head, he sang at the top of his lungs and flung his arms every which way. "I cast all my cares upon you. I lay all of my burdens down at your feet. And any time I don't know wha-at to do, I cast all my cares upon you." After taking a deep breath, patting Papa's bald head, and grinning a big grin he would start all over again, "I cast..."

Around and around the store they went filling the aisles with his beautiful voice and his message for the day. Maybe we should all try Singing-in-the-Aisle Witnessing.

I cast all my cares upon you. I lay all of my burden down at your feet. And any time I don't know wha-at to do, I cast all my cares upon you.
 Thank you, Lord, for a wonderful song and a reminder to lay every burden at your feet.

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment