Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Does God Get Excited?

Do you ever wonder? I do--all the time. In fact I wondered this morning at Bible study. A young mother of four children was sharing about going to the store without her little ones and seeing cute sippy-cups with curly straws for only $1.00 apiece. Her kids loved cups and they loved straws. Her eyes shined and even teared up with a mother's love as she painted a verbal picture of how she imagined the excitement in her children's faces if they received such a simple gift. I don't know whether or not she bought those cups because my mind went elsewhere for a few moments--to my wonder-land.

I wondered if this mom's face, filled with joy and love, was merely a dim reflection of the Heavenly Father's face when he considers little things his children would enjoy. When he thinks of me, does he ever intentionally have a doe and her fawns bed down in my yard knowing they would thrill me to pieces? Does he know that a rainbow in the heavens or a chipmunk on my porch will quickly brighten my day?

And today, did he know how blessed and excited I would be seeing a friend at the grocery store, a friend I hadn't seen in years. I was going in. She was coming out. We had both run several errands, and I had even backtracked because I had forgotten to go to the bank. So there we were, at the same place at the same time, shopping cart to shopping cart. I do think God had a big grin on his face and a sparkle in his eyes at that moment of encounter.

That is what I wondered. I know there can be danger in giving God human attributes like ours, but he was human for a moment in time, and he did create us in his image. I haven't spent time searching scripture to support or disprove my thoughts, but I do know this. When the deer appear or the chipmunk and rainbow; when I see a long-lost friend, those are the times the Lord is blessed as I give him thanks and praise for the encounters.

Does God get excited and tear up as he pictures us entering the glory of his Kingdom and standing in awe before his throne? I think he does.

Jan and Licorice Kitty, who thinks 4 A.M. is the purrfect time to arise and get going. She is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment