Thursday, April 10, 2014

Singing in Color



What does a twelve-year old grandson see when he hears a bird sing? 
The above painting is the glory my young friend Ryan saw. Below is what I heard the painting say.

Singing in Color
Little bird outside your nest, you sing a wondrous song.
Do you welcome the arising sun and move the night along?
Do you sing to woo a winsome mate or claim your territory?
Or do you merely sing your song to fill the world with glory?

Your joyous music fills my ears. It sends away all worry.
My spirit soars. My tears well up. My vision grows all blurry;
Yet, through the tears I see a sight, a sight I've never known. 
Those swirling hues of glorious sounds engulf God's Heavenly Throne.

Little bird outside your nest, may I live my life as you 
By welcoming the coming day and bidding night adieu.
May my song speak grace to all I meet. May it tell them Christ's love story.
May it bring God gifts of praise and thanks, and shower Him with glory.

 Red, and yellow, indigo are some colors in my song,
 Also pink and green, and orange. Why don't you come sing along. 
Let us sing our songs together. Let us sing them loud and clear.
Sharing love, joy, hope, and comfort to everyone who's near.

Little bird outside your nest never stop your singing.
I want your song before my eyes and in my ears a-ringing
I want to hear its tune proclaim, even after eggs are laid,
"This is the day, the glorious day, our loving God has made."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never again will I hear a chirp, tweet, coo, quack or caw in black and white. They will always be in vibrant, moving, heaven-bound color. 

Blessed by Ryan's vision, God-given talent, and first attempt with acrylics.
Jan. 

The photo of Ryan's work was used by permission.






No comments:

Post a Comment