Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Meet Noah

I love little ones. Let me introduce you to one I wish you could meet.  His name is Noah. He is sooooo cute and charming that you can't help but immediately fall in love with the little guy, especially if you are a sucker for big brown eyes and long eye lashes. Just those eyes alone will melt your heart.

Although he has been walking for about six-seven weeks now, he still occasionally trips over a toy on the floor if he isn't paying attention to where he is going, but for the most part he is pretty steady on his feet and can run fairly well.

Like all youngsters, he loves exploring his ever expanding world.  That means he has to smell everything, taste most of it, and try eating whatever catches his fancy, much to our chagrin. Hopefully he will learn fairly quickly that not everything that can go into the mouth is meant to be eaten.

And talk about looking forlorn when it is time for a nap, you haven't seen anything yet.  When I see his big, sad, brown eyes looking up at me and hear his whimpering cry, I just want to say, "Come on, little Noah, you can sit on Nana's lap for awhile."  But I had better not spoil him yet.

He not only warmed my heart within the first minutes I met him, he also made me smile at his antics.  Don't you just love it when a little one is moving around as quickly as possible on all fours, his nose just twitching at the new smells, and all the while his ears are dragging on the ground?

Oh, did I failed to mention that Noah was a Basset Hound puppy? I did, didn't I. Sorry about that.

Little Noah was adopted just a few days ago by my grandson and his fiance.  They are getting married on Friday. Then the handsome, blue eyed groom, his beautiful, brown eyed bride, and their adorable, brown eyed puppy will all move into a cute little apartment to start their new life together. I'm sure they will have lots of Noah stories to tell in the not-so-distant future.


1 comment: