Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Where's Jan?

When a person disappears for over ten days, people begin wondering what happened. Where did they go?  What were they doing? Were they OK?  I read a sign in a shop last week that said, "Here today, gone to Maui". Well, that about sums it up.  I was here one day, and in Kihea, Maui Hawaii the next.

For some time now, my three kids and I have planned this trip.  I didn't blog about it because I didn't want to publicize the fact that I wouldn't be home for that long.  Since I don't know who reads this blog, I want to be smart about what I information I reveal.  Now I can tell all. Well, almost all.

I had good intentions of blogging every day, but soon discovered that the resort we stayed in didn't have WiFi in the rooms, and there was a 15 minute limit on the guests' computers in the lobby.  I could have walked the mile to Starbucks each day, had a cuppa, and used their internet connections if I had wanted to, but I opted out instead. The only excuse for not blogging that comes anywhere close to the truth is this.  I chose to be lazy. After all, I was on vacation wasn't I? Or, as the locals say, I was on Maui time.

We arrived on the mainland last night, landing at the airport around 11:15. I stayed with one of my sons for the night.  My other two kids drove the couple hours home because of work obligations today. They probably didn't get home until after 2:30 am. I feel sorry for them.  What a way to return to reality. I am still at my son's house right now, but heading home as soon as I get this blog written and the car loaded up.

In the days ahead, as I reflect about this vacation, the things we did, the things we saw, and the places we went, I will tell you about them. You will hear about things like the road to Hana (my daughter and I), snorkeling (my kids), shave ice, feral cats, and sunsets on the beach. Who knows, I might even post a picture or two.

Until then, have a God day.  I plan to.



No comments:

Post a Comment