Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Rejoice

"This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." I love this scripture. Since my Bible is still in the car from Sunday, I will have to go get it to double check the reference. Wait a minute, I'll see what kind of help Google is. Psalm 118:24. That was easy, wasn't it?

This is a beautiful day. I awoke to a clear sky and thick ground fog. That gives such a mysterious feeling. I could barely see the rhodies outside my bedroom window, the apple trees from my kitchen window, or my neighbor's house across the street. What I could clearly see was the brightening sky and bright sun peeking through the towering hemlocks.

I could truly rejoice and be glad in it.

Now that I have eaten breakfast and showered, the fog is completely gone and everything is bathed in sunlight, glorious sun.

It is on days like this I am reminded that no matter how dark and unclear my world may seem and how uncertain my steps are when I can see only inches ahead, the heavens are ablaze in Glory, a glory that can dissipate the darkest gloom, a glory that has a name--Jesus, Adoni, Comforter.

"This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Have a God day everyone. I sure plan to.

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment