Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Great Day Today

It is going to be a great day today. It started off with the garbage truck hauling off my can full of odoriferous November discards. (I have garbage pick-up once a month) I ate a bowl of delicious oatmeal with raisins and walnuts for breakfast, (old fashioned, steel cut oats--the best) My bed is made, foot bandaged, load of clothes drying, load of clothes washing, dishes washed, and cup of hot coffee sitting beside me waiting to be enjoyed.  Oh yes, it is going to be a great day because it already is one.

I got everything accomplished up to this point without having to give myself a motivational pep talk. I just did what I saw needed to be done.

"Thank you, Lord. It feels good."

As I wait for the dryer to finish its hard work, I will write this blog. During the next load's tumbling sojourn, I will finish up December's budget and start a Christmas letter, then... I really don't know what I'll do.

"OK, Lord, what is on your agenda?"

Do I put away the Thanksgiving decorations and get out the Christmas stuff? Maybe. Do I do some "deep" cleaning? I don't think so. Do I organize my watercolor brushes, paints, etc., and get ready to paint? Well, that might be fun. Do I read the book I have slowly been working through? Eh.

"Lord, this will be a great day, no matter what I do. It will be a great day because you are in it with me."

I will finish December 4th off by watching my grandson play basketball on his home court. He wasn't able to practice the last few days or play last night because of an injured elbow. As you can imagine, he is anxious to get back on the court. Maybe tonight is the night. Go Team!! (Last night we won 66-65 in overtime. What an exciting game)

"Thank you, Lord, for all seven of my grand kids. They are awesome. They are blessings."

"So, Lord, as I go to remove a load of deliciously warm towels from the dryer, thank you for my morning. Thank you for my home with its warm towels. Thank you for the afternoon you will soon reveal. Thank you for the evening that is still many hours away for me, but here and now for you. You are so good to me. We will have a great day. I know it. Besides, the sun just burst through my windows. Yeah, God."

Have a great, God-filled day.

Jan




No comments:

Post a Comment