Friday, December 28, 2012

In The Beginning

Once upon a time, many years ago,  I taught a Sunday School class of four-year olds. Our lesson one particular Sunday was about creation. To set the stage, I turned off all the lights in the room, closed the curtains, and had the kids close their eyes. We then sat in darkness and imagined what it was like before God created anything.

After ten seconds, we all opened our eyes and I asked, "What was it like before God made anything.?" One little guy raised his hand and piped up, "There was nothing there but LOVE."

WOW! What an answer. I will never know if his reply was divinely inspired or if he got that concept from home. Either way, I was extremely touched by his response. It is one I remind myself of every once in awhile--especially several years ago when chaos seemed to raising its ugly head, when my world seemed without form, and void.

It was during those time I would close my eyes, take a deep breath, and know that "In the beginning, God---."

In the beginning, Love.

In the manger, Love.

On the cross, Love.

On Easter morning, Love.

In the trials of right now, Love.

In the peace of right now, Love.


Aaah, Love, may we each experience Him today.

Jan





No comments:

Post a Comment