Thursday, March 27, 2014

Driving in A Car, But Waiting for A Train

I have 45 minutes to speed write this post, whatever it will be. Then I am off to meet my granddaughters' other grandma, and we are off to an out-of-town track meet. I am ready: wool socks, leg warmers, sweat pants, extra large jeans, turtleneck sweater, sweatshirt, seat cushion, blanket, and bag with timer, camera, knit cap, cell phone, ID, paper, pen, and some money. Once there, I will put on my hooded sweatshirt, rain coat, and gloves. Bring on the runners, and jumpers, especially my three grand-kids. I am ready for whatever the weather will bring. It may be sun, rain, hail, or all three. All I can say is bring it on.

Now, let's get down to serious business--the desires of my heart. As I wrote last week, one of the desires of my heart is a cross-country adventure by rail. Just to sit back in the quietness of a train (clickity-clack doesn't count as noise) and watch the wonders of nature, from purple mountains to fruited plains, pass by would be wonderful.

By the way, for those of you who have only seen the green forests and snow-capped mountains of the Pacific Northwest, the mountains in the desert do look purple.

While traveling from one area to another, I love watching the shades of green change from blue-greens and yellow-greens to gray-greens and beige-greens, then wondering how to mix those colors if I were to paint them. Mighty cedars and struggling sage each have a beauty of their own. I just want to watch and feel, and share. That is a desire of my heart.

BUT!. But, is that my desire alone, or did the Lord place it there? I am not sure. I know I am to write. I also know I would love a change of scenery. I would love to discover who else travels by train. I want new opportunities to hear the Lord. I do think this desire is more than just mine.

Several day ago I said I would apply for the #AmtrakResidency program for writers. Well, I did it today. This is a huge step for me, sort of like walking through my house in complete darkness. I know where everything is, yet I don't. Now I wait and see what happens. It is all in the Lord's hands.

By the way, I did open a Twitter account, so am beginning a tweet adventure. If anyone wants to follow me, my handle is @OcostaGirl.

Now I must quickly fix myself a sandwich and head out.

Driving in a car, but waiting for a train,
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment