Saturday, March 8, 2014

Going to A Play

I am so excited! Tonight I am attending a local theater production of Les Miserables. Our community is filled with talented people. One of our church's worship leaders and her two sons are performing. So is a friend's college-age son. I also have a couple friends in the orchestra, and one doing makeup. I am looking forward to taking at all in--the scenery, the costumes, the music, the talent, and the audience response.

I am also anticipating the invisible--God's hand. Last Tuesday, our prayer group prayed for  not only the actors, musicians, and stage crew involved in the production, but also for the audience. We prayed that the Lord would touch hearts through the strong redemption and forgiveness message within the play.

I was taken aback at the director's recent remarks in a radio interview. He said that Les Miserables was about the student uprising in France in the 1800s.  Yes, that is in the play, as is the squalor present in 19th century France, the inhumanity of people to each other, and their greed. But to me, the main message is about a life redeemed, reformed, and transformed.

Although Christ isn't specifically named, I pray he will reveal himself to those in attendance tonight and at the coming performances.

Can hardly wait.

Jan and Licorice Kitty who is watching the rain come down.

No comments:

Post a Comment