Friday, March 14, 2014

"Surprise!"

One thing I often tell God when I pray is, "Lord, surprise me." I guess that is my way of saying I desire His will, not mine, but it is also an invitation to knock me along side the head if necessary. Of course, the latter option is not what I have in mind, but if I didn't like surprises at all, I probably wouldn't pray that way.

God surprised me this evening when two of my grand-kids stopped by for a visit. They had gone to town to get a burger after track practice. As they got to my road on their way home, they decided to come on by. It is so much fun hearing their stories of classes, friends, sports, and siblings. We had lots of laughs.

This had been a day of laughter. I had been laughing earlier in the day while reading 'Love Says Go', a book on the supernatural life style (as in Holy Spirit centered life style). The author Jason Chin, who had wanted nothing to do with Christianity, wrote of his conversion experience in a little country church. He related that Jehovah-Sneaky had tricked him by "answering the petitions of his Holy Spirit filled, praying mama."

One thing that made the Jehovah-Sneaky comment so funny is I know the author of the book. He not only has a crazy sense of humor that always makes me laugh, he is also my nephew. I love that kid. But more than that, I love Jehovah-Sneaky who surprised my nephew those years ago and answered my sister's years of prayers.

Love the way the Lord's surprises people,
Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment