Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Sunny Saturday. Hooray!

Saturday morning, July 28

What a glorious morning.  I woke up to sunshine.  I almost had to pinch myself to see whether or not I was dreaming.  I decided not to do that since I might end up with a bruised arm.  It didn't take long to discover that the sun was really shining!!! Hooray, I'm really awake. Hooray, the sun is out.  Hooray, I didn't bruise my arm.

I've read the paper, done the puzzles, eaten breakfast, done the dishes, eaten a lemon bar, and am all psyched to get outside and work.  I don't know exactly what I will do yet, but it will be something exciting I'm sure.

Knowing myself, I will probably get a lot of things started, but nothing totally finished. We'll see.  As I see it, any accomplishment is progress and that is what I like to see--progress.

I had a grandson here for most of the day yesterday.  He played and read most of the day. His presence gave me the excuse I needed to bake some lemon bars. After all, isn't that what grandmas are supposed to do, bake?  Chocolate chip cookies would have gone over better with him, but I wanted to try the Lemonade Brownie recipe I found. NO, they are not actual brownies. The bars are made with powdered lemonade mix. They were too sour for my grandson, but I think they are rather tasty. I've eaten enough of them to make that declaration without any reservation at all. I can also proclaim that a glass of cold milk goes well with them, especially at midnight.

I've got to start going to bed at a more decent hour, like 10 PM maybe.

I will leave you all now so I can go brush my teeth, put sturdy shoes on my feet, fire up the weed eater, start the lawn mower, get out the paint brush, and put on my weeding gloves--not all at once of course.

Have a God day all.  I plan to. I also hope to see the doe with her twins sometime today. They were grazing out by the barn yesterday. On second thought, mowing might scare them away. Maybe I won't mow after all. Just kidding.  I'm going to mow. Really.


No comments:

Post a Comment