Saturday, April 13, 2013

Watching The Spirit Move

I was so blessed last night through a gathering of women at church. All but a handful had been at a retreat several weeks ago where the Spirit was very busy touching hearts and moving women toward a deeper walk with Him. I wished I had gone, but the Lord wanted me at a Passover Seder in Tacoma that same weekend. I am certainly glad I attended. I was blessed there instead . So, until I can be two places at once, I will have to receive God's blessings one place at a time.

If I could be two places at once, I would probably want three.

After a supper of wonderful soups and delicious desserts, the agenda-less sharing started. From testimonies of breaking generational strongholds to admissions of believing the enemy's lies as truth,  we were led.  It was wonderful to hear how God worked in each woman's life. We also heard stories of the retreat worship service which lifted the women into the throne room of the Most High. We heard their desires for our own congregational worship. Woman after woman shared as the Spirit led. Amazingly, the Spirit confirmed one person's unspoken visions through another's unsolicited testimony. God is good.

As the evening drew to a close with a time of prayer, the consensus was we needed to do this more often, to share our struggles, our battles, desires, blessings, and prayer in a safe place--a gathering as God's daughters. We are a mighty sisterhood of blessed women who needs to build each other up as well as help one another replace the enemies lies with God's truths.

I feel God is up to something big, something that will blow us away. I think it involves not only each of us individually, but also the church as a whole. I'm not speaking about my specific congregation only. I mean the body of Christ.  I have no idea what it will be, only God knows that. But this I do know, these are such exciting times in which to live .

For me personally, over the last five years I have been praying that God will take my life shaking experiences and use them some way to minister to others. I also didn't want to miss his leading--whatever it might be. At this point, because of a series of crazy events, I believe God is now moving me in that direction. I don't know where that direction leads, but I am preparing for the journey. Yes, these are certainly exciting times in which to live.

Getting my traveling shoes on. Care to join me?
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment