Friday, August 9, 2013

From Luxury to Blessing

I really should head home pretty soon, but for the time being I will continue living in the lap of luxury. I am still in my robe, sitting in a very comfortable chair with my bare feet on the ottoman and a cat keeping them nice and toasty. My lap top is on my lap, and a bowl of freshly picked strawberries and a half finished novel are within arm's reach. Aaaah, this is the life, pet sitting for my son.

Then reality storms into my idyllic world. The once sleeping cat decides that my wiggling toes should be attacked, the pup, tied up in the back yard, starts whining to come in, my breakfast dishes call out from the kitchen counter where I plopped them, I think about what awaits me at home, then my cell phone starts ringing.

"Hello. Oh, hi, world. Yes? Yes? It needs to be blessed? Okay, I'm coming right over."

So I will now get dressed, wash my dishes, pet the dogs and cats, and head home. My vacuum cleaner hasn't had any exercise in weeks. My dust cloths yearn to attack accumulating dust bunnies, dust mites, and anything else dust related. And the toilet brush is itching to get scrubbing.

But don't worry, Lap of Luxury. I will return this evening to finish my novel and the strawberries. I will return to provide legs and feet for the cats to snooze on. I will return to let the dogs curl up by my chair before bedtime. I'll return to you.

But for now, I must go home and celebrate this day by blessing my house.

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment