Monday, August 26, 2013

I Have, Thank You




I have been listening to Bibi the African Gray Parrot on my laptop while working around the house this morning. Talk about a demanding bird, wow! "I want a berry. I want cook fish. I want a tortilla. I want to step up. I want to see Greg." I want, I want, I want.

While chuckling to myself I suddenly thought, "Is that how I sometime sound to God." I want, I want, I want.
"But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:19
So, what do I need? I need shelter. Got that. I need food. Got that. I need clothing. Got that. God has supplied everything I need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. None of this is because of anything I have done or believed. It is all about Him and His desire to give. And give, he does, out of his abundant riches in Christ.

Thankful for the "I haves"-- knowing God also gives me the "I wants" when they are the same as his,
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment