Saturday, August 31, 2013

Baffled, Yet Blessed

I'm Baffled  8/31/13

I am still at a loss for words. Last night, out of the blue, I received a generous financial gift from an anonymous donor! Why? I was told it was for projects I might have. What projects? There are always projects I think about, but that is all they ever are--just projects I think about. What is the Lord up to?

I wrote in a post last week that the Lord supplies all our needs, and often in abundance. Well, it seems that He has just moved something from my "want" list, to His "Jan Needs" list, then funded it abundantly.  But, what need is it?  That is what I kept asking myself and God as I went to bed last night, and that is what I am still asking myself this morning. What is the project, the dream, the "want" that the Lord desires me to complete or to have? I am baffled.

That God would provide in such a generous way is amazing. Even more amazing, though, is the way He did it, through unknown people who were moved to give with such generosity. I am blessed beyond words.

Lord, looking out my window at this early morning hour, the fog is beginning to lift as the sun comes up. What were once shapes of deer in my yard a while ago are slowly becoming the real thing. Well, that is sort of how my mind is right now, foggy with shapes of "things" in it. So, Lord, as your light clears out the fog, show me clearly what is it you want me to do--or even need me to do. Although I'm baffled, I am abundantly blessed. Thank you, Lord.
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment