Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Tuesday Song


The Christmas Song, written by Robert Wells and Mel Torme inspired me to write today's post. Most people know it as Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire.

My Tuesday Song

Chicken burbling in an open pot
Making broth for yummy soup.
Sunshine beams shining warm on the floor
and clean clothes to be put away.

Everybody knows a broken car that will not run
Makes one's day a dreary one.
Haircuts are out. Grocery stores and the bank
Will wait until another day.
I know my son will come along.
He'll push my car into the driveway by the house.
And leave his car behind for me to use
To hit the highway going east into town.
And so I'm offering this simple prayer
To thank and praise my loving Lord,
"You meet my needs many times, many ways.
Thank you, Lord God, thank you."

Having fun writing something different,
Jan, Licorice Kitty and kittens

The kittens love the wicker basket I put in their room this morning. The basket it on its side with a towel in it for padding.  They have climbed over it, charged out of it, wrestled with the towel, and are now sleeping piled up in the middle. Licorice Kitty watches their every move from her perch on the bed.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment