Monday, November 4, 2013

Stupid Car and My Frustration

Okay, here's the deal. I am not a happy camper. I am bummed out. I am ticked off. There, those should be enough cliches to describe how I feel right now.

This day started out so promising. Now it is up to me to determine how it will play out.

Here is the prelude to this moment:

To-do List

Make grocery list   check
Grab car license renewal form    check
Grab bank deposit    check
Get cell phone    check
Get hair cut
Go to women's meeting
Buy groceries
Buy food for kittens
Buy car tabs
Make Deposit


That seemed very straight forward at the time. It was straight forward until I backed my car out of the garage, closed the garage door, and put the car in reverse. It died! Not again. I thought I had taken care of that problem days earlier. The car worked fine Friday night and Saturday morning.

I tried it again. This time the car went backward until I turned into the roadway. It died again and refused to start. So, there I sat in a dead car that was halfway into the road. I shifted into neutral, got out, and tried to push the car back far enough to turn into the driveway again. No can do. Back in the driver's seat I get, and straighten out the wheels. Then, with one hand on the steering wheel and one hand on the door jamb, I pushed forward. Yeah, old Betsy began to move. I suddenly had to jump in because there was a slight downhill slope, not much, just enough for the car to start rolling on her own. Toward a post, I might add. She now sits inches off the road on the grass under my big tree.

She will probably have to sit there until one of my kids can come over this evening and push her back up the driveway.

Somehow I need to get to town within the next few days. The kittens need to start eating food and drinking on their own. They also need to start litter training. My friend, the vet, says to start them at five weeks of age. We're there now.

I could check out the bus schedule, but won't. I don't really want to walk to the highway to catch the bus, then walk from the bus station to a store, back to the station, then from the highway back to my house. It's raining. There is always tomorrow. I might have to borrow a car.

It is times like this I get frustrated and feel so helpless I want to cry. I was excited about getting my hair cut. I was also excited about getting the check deposited, license tabs purchased, and groceries hunted down for the next couple weeks. Those are errands I don't like doing. Today was the day I would be doing them. And the women's meeting! I love the ladies, the luncheon, the presentation, but I had to cancel. There is absolutely nothing I can do about any of this at the present time. I just have to wait--wait and hope no one hits my car.

Yes, I could pray, but what? "Lord, please send an angel mechanic to fix my car." I don't think so; although, God does work in mysterious ways.

Yes, I could pray, should pray, will pray, "Lord, help my neighbors be alert as they drive by, and remove my frustration and helpless feelings. I want this day to be the good day you made it to be. Don't let me ruin it because of my stinking attitude and disappointment."

I'm seeking joy in the midst of frustration,

Jan, Licorice Kitty and kittens.

The kittens now totter from under the bed as fast as they can when they hear my voice. Licorice is not very pleased when they leave the protection of their quarters, but she has to learn to let them go a little. Being a mom is hard sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment