Monday, November 25, 2013

Pre-thanksgiving Thoughts

Thanksgiving--a time of giving thanks, but what am I thankful for? Making a list would be extremely easy. There is my family and home. There are friends, clothes to wear, food to eat, a car to drive, good health.... But giving thanks for things I possess or are meaningful to me is quite superficial and self centered. They could all be destroyed in a matter of minutes. If a record breaking tsunami took it all, would I have anything left to be thankful for? Absolutely.

I would be thankful for my Lord. He is my rock. He is my fortress. He's my deliverer. He is King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Prince of Peace. He is Wonderful Counselor, Bread of Life, Living Water, and Light unto my path. And don't forget Healer, Redeemer, and Lover of my soul.

This Thanksgiving I will give thanks for all the material blessings I have and the people in my life; however, I must not lose sight of the Giver of everything.

Thank you, Lord, for who you are--the great 
I Am

Bringing out the vacuum to finish blessing my home,

Jan, Licorice Kitty, and sleeping kittens

No comments:

Post a Comment