Friday, November 22, 2013

What a Scene

While I was finishing up the last lessons for my online class today, I learned that when Licorice Kitty sounds distressed, she is; her kids are up to no good. Now, about those kittens, they are supposed to stay in their own room. They have stuffed animals, balls, tubes, and boxes to play with, a bed to sleep on, water to drink, a wicker basket to climb over, and a litter box to...well you know what. Why they want to explore the forbidden areas of the house is beyond my comprehension, but I'm not a kitten.

Please bear with me here while I digress a moment.

Does anyone remembers my earlier post about my stacks of papers to be filed--the ones I placed on the couch? Well, the couch is always overjoyed when company arrives, especially calm, quiet company that will stay for several days. That gives her ample time to entertain her captive audience with her famous Legends From the Living Room tales. The past few days, she seemed to have plenty of stories to tell, and the papers seemed to be mesmerized by them.

Not only were they listening well, they were also following my instructions to the letter. "Stay in your assigned groups on the couch--October, you stay in this pile; November, you're in this one; and Tax Info, over here. I'll be back very soon to take you to your forever home." Well, they are home alright, and they are grounded. I am not happy with them (or the kittens for that matter).

I will never know exactly what happened; no one is talking. But it seems that two feline explorers entered the living room and mewed to the papers on the couch. I'm not sure what happened next. Maybe those rascally papers had finally tired of couch's stories and convinced the kittens to join them for a wrestling match, or the two kittens convinced my papers to jump off the sofa and play tag with them.

Anyway, I watched with my own two eyes as my papers flew all over the floor. I witnessed Licorice's fuzzy-duo scampered over, under, and through anything in their way. While the kittens jumped and ran with complete abandon, the papers flitted, fluttered and tried unsuccessfully to dodge sharp little claws, Licorice vocalized from the coffee table, and I just laughed. What a hilarious scene it was; however, neither Mamma Cat nor I were very happy with our charges.

I'm glad the joy of the Lord is my strength. The joy of the Cats and Paper Fiasco wore me out.

Jan, Licorice, and (hopefully asleep) kittens



No comments:

Post a Comment