Friday, July 12, 2013

Going On The Train

"All Aboard!"

That is what I will be hearing in a couple hours. Well, not really. Train conductors don't say that any more. I will have to say it in my mind as I leave the station.

I'm excited about this trip, but at the same time, I'm sort of dreading it. I am going to southern Oregon to visit my dad and my sister and brother-in-law. That part is exciting. Sitting on a train for 10 1/2 hours is the part I am dreading. It wasn't so bad when I first started taking the train several years ago, but now that I am starting to have knee discomfort when sitting for long periods of time...  I don't want to think about it.

There I go again, complaining about something I have some control over. As much as I dislike taking pills of any kind, I probably should be proactive and take Ibuprofen before I go. OK. That is taken care of.

I enjoy traveling by train. The scenery is wonderful. I even like checking out all the graffiti on the way through Portland, OR. Sitting in the observation car is fun, especially when there are volunteer tour guides on board. I have three books along for reading material, two puzzle books, and my laptop. Oh yes, I also have a light weight blanket in case the air conditioning is blowing right on me. I am ready for my adventure.

I don't know if I will get any posts written while I am in Oregon. Last time there, my sister couldn't remember her password for her internet connection. I could write in Word, then have a family member take me to McDonalds so I can use their WiFi connection. Than with a quick copy, paste, and publish I will have something sent out to all of you.

If not, see you next Thursday.

Traveling with Amtrak and Jesus,
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment