Friday, October 18, 2013

Lasagna, Movies, and Footballs

Take a deep breath. Exhale. Breath deeply again. Aaaaah, I love the aroma of spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove. The wonderful smell of tomatoes, garlic, onions, meat and spices is nothing compared to the nose tingling aroma of  lasagna that I  anticipate at dinner time. Hooray for lasagna.

Toasted garlic bread and green salad will complete a dinner worthy of my daughter and grandson's birthday celebration, What's for dessert? I have no idea. My son and daughter-in-law are taking care of that. I hope they decide on homemade ice cream.

My grandson is hard to buy presents for because he lives quite simply for a seventeen year old. So we are doing our usual birthday activity--grab a bite to eat and go to a movie (popcorn of course). I have always enjoyed our meal time discussions about school, sports, and life in general. This young man is extremely bright, witty, and a deep thinker.

I plan on taking him to Gravity in 3D this Saturday since we both have an interest in seeing it. I understand I should take some Dramamine before hand. That idea might be a little far-fetched. We'll see.

As for my daughter? She wants a youth sized football. Crazy girl. So, that was my plan until a granddaughter asked if I could buy a football for her to give to her mom. She would pay me back. Of course I could do that. I now have to go to plan B--a gift card placed in a pack of white, below the ankle footies.

As soon as I finish up this last paragraph, I will chain myself to the kitchen for a while. I have lunch to reheat, lasagna to assemble, garlic bread to slice for toasting, and a green salad to create. Then comes my favorite part, washing dirty dishes. I hope you saw my tongue in cheek, or heard my jesting tone of voice. I may not like washing dishes, but the satisfaction of a completed job is nice. Besides, I will have very clean fingernails.

Celebrating the lives of my wonderful daughter and grandson. God continues blessing me through both of them.

Jan, Licorice and family
(Licorice wants to go outside so badly. I am very glad I didn't cave in. I discovered that cats are ready to breed immediately after giving birth. No wonder she wants out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment