Sunday, October 13, 2013

Playing Hooky From Church--Ooops

Aaah, Sunday morning, A time for worship and praise. Not yet, at least not in my house. I am playing hooky this morning. My big plan was to watch the service on-line in the comfort of my chair and surrounded by streaming sunlight and silence. This would be my sanctuary for some God time this morning.

Since Pastor starts his sermon at 10:30 or so, depending on how the Spirit is moving. I fired up my laptop at 10:30. Well, by the time my clock read 10:38 I didn't have a clue if he was preaching or not. My wonderful plan for an uplifting sermon had failed. Sometime between early summer and today, log-on passwords are needed to access the church's streaming video site.

Mutter, mutter, mutter. Grumble, grumble, grumble. I dislike fiddling around with this kind of garbage. That is what I call it, garbage. I begrudgingly entered my e-mail address, my  usual password, then my password again. Finally, I hit enter and assumed I am good to go.

Back on the home page, I clicked "live streaming", typed in my e-mail address, my password, and hit enter. ERROR. My information was not recognized. I repeated the process, making sure everything was entered correctly. ERROR again. Okay, I took a deep breath, slowly exhaled, and returned to the "create password" portion. Step by step I carefully choose a new password, hit enter, and was told to check my e-mail for confirmation, which I did.

 I let the message in my inbox know I had indeed changed my password. The next instructions were to click on the usual blue link. Done. The church home page came up with a pink message informing me the confirmation failed. AAAArrrrrrggggh.

At this moment, the bright blue, 2" high numbers on my clock scream out, "It's 11:08." Aarrrggggh, again. The sermon is most likely half over by now, and I am irritated. In fact, I succumbed to temptation and ate a candy bar. That is how irritated I am.

Since my idea of worship time this morning included staying home, I'm sure the Lord has a message for me like don't play hooky from church, and don't keep candy bars in the house (notice I blamed the keeping of candy bars, not the eating of same--don't want to admit lack of self control before the world. ) Or, to put it in scriptural context:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another:  Hebrews 10:25a  King James Version (KJV)

 Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”  Matthew 26:41


So, my friends, that has been my morning so far. I wonder how the rest of the day will go.


Thanking the Lord for loving me even when I sin.
Jan, Licorice and family (Happy one-week-birthday to the kittens)


No comments:

Post a Comment