Monday, October 21, 2013

Scripture or E-mail?

Upon rising every day, I check out Facebook, hot mail, Bibi bird, and the Ostrich cam. As a result of today's electronic treasure hunt I have increased my knowledge so much. I learned how to make Christmas ornaments from book pages. I watched Bibi take a shower and say her new phrase, "I don't care". I found out that Skippy, one of the three ostrich babies, died early this morning.  And I also deleted three letters from my junk mail box.

The first letter today brought tears to my eyes (not really). The second consisted of a few short sentences written by someone who obviously didn't know English at all. Each writer requested help getting money out of their country and into my back account. The last, from a UK barrister, said I had millions of dollars waiting for me to claim.

Every day, people from around the world are depending on my help to get their millions of dollars out of their countries. Some are dying from cancer, some have ailing parents, and some live in war-torn areas. And in some cases, a barrister or bank has unclaimed millions just waiting for me, a deserving individual who fits the requirements of a recipient..

I don't open any of these e-mails. I right click on them and then check the message source. In the midst of all the code, I can usually find the message. By doing that, the e-mail remains unopened. I then sweep the money away. Today, I turned down a total $90,000,000.00 instead of replying."Sure, I'll give you my bank account number so you can deposit your money in this country. Thanks for your generous to let me keep part of it." or "I only have to give you $99 processing expenses? OK. Oh, you need my birth date and Social Security Number, too. Well for $30,000,000 I can send you $99 and my info."

As I deleted my three junk e-mails and my fortune, I snorted a derisive snort as I thought, "So there, Scammer."I also thought of all the money I have swept away on a daily basis, but my derisive snort immediately changed to a slap along side my head when an "aha" moment appeared.

Every day I have a treasure awaiting me, one with no strings attached. It is from the storehouse of Heaven itself. Saint Paul tell the church at Ephesus that he continually prays
that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him,  having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all. Ephesians 1:17-23 
 Proverbs 8:17-21says
17 17 
I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me. Riches and honor are with me, enduring wealth and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, even fine gold, and my yield than choice silver. I walk in the way of righteousness, in the paths of granting an inheritance to those who love me, and filling their treasuries.  

    
Why do I so often turn my back on his provision and try to accomplish everything with what I know I have? Why do I not draw the on gifts he has given me or the fruit he continually grows in my life?  $30,000,000 is nothing compared to what I have in Christ.   As a redeemed child of the King, I have all I need and more than I can ever imagine.

Isn't it better to open God's Word for treasure than a scammer's e-mail?

Trying to live on my heavenly storehouse and not the world's,

Jan, Licorice and family

Last night as I lay in bed, I thought my stomach was making squeeking sounds. Nope, it was the kittens under my bed. They are getting more vocal every day. Then, I would hear an occasional gurgling sound when I breathed. Maybe my asthma was acting. Nope, again. It was Licorice giving the kittens an occasional purr-meow. Life is interesting with cats under my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment