Saturday, June 1, 2013

Mistress of My Domain

My fixed-up mower is back home. Alhough held together with duct tape, Old Lizzy is still young at heart and has a brand new fuse to help keep her going. We are good to mow now. I will head out the door as soon as I wash up my breakfast dishes, fold a load of clothes, add a couple things to my grocery list, and put on my boots.

I am not going to change my clothes, though. I will go out just the way I am--dressed in ultra comfy, maroon fleece pants held up by a safety pin. (The drawstring was used for something else years ago.) To complete my ensemble, I am wearing an old navy-blue sweat shirt, green garden gloves, and pink Maui baseball cap which adorns my uncoiffed, gray hair. Oh yes, don't forget my fuzzy, purple and black striped socks. Seeing me in all that color astride a my red mower will undoubtedly cause passersby to do a double take. If my unbelievable mismatch of colors and clothing doesn't knock their eyeballs out, it might at least make them say, "Look-y there, Ma. Ain't never seen nothin' like that in all my born days! Woooeee. What's that crazy ol' lady thinkin', dressin' like that? Well, at least she's a-mowin' that yard of hers. 'Bout time, it is. And that bucket of bolts she's ridin'? Sakes alive."

Dear Passerby, 
Please don't think of me as a clashing, mismatch of color. 
I am a beautiful bouquet of colorful flowers. 
I am a landscape painting with pops of color. 
I am the protector of my estate charging off on my mighty red steed; mowing down the wild enemy that attempts of conquer me. 
Colorful, painterly, Lady Jan, that is who and what I am. 
Sincerely,
Mistress of my domain, 

As you can tell, I'm procrastinating. So, what's new.

Have a blessed day, all.

Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment