Saturday, June 29, 2013

Weeding Competition Update

If you read yesterday's post, you know I was thinking about making a game out of weeding. Well, the competition was on. My first opponent was the Tall Grass Team. Every pulled weed I shot into the wheelbarrow was worth two points. Every one I missed, Tall Grass got the points. By the time I finished, I was ahead by a narrow margin and moved on to the next round.

My opponent in round two was the Mighty Blackberries. Even though I was playing as hard as I could, it was a losing battle. But, in a matter of minutes, the game changed. The Mighty berries unleashed their thorns. They were out for blood. First they attacked my arms, then my neck. Finally, to add insult to injury, they grabbed my hat and threw it on the ground. That last move was seen by the ref, and ruled a flagrant foul. On the next play, just as I was ready to cut one of their members off at the ground, more thorns were exposed and more blood was drawn. The ref saw this foul, too. With that, the Might Blackberries were thrown out of the game for unnecessary roughness.

I am the winner for now--by default, but still a winner. I will live to battle them another day--after I get off the disabled list. Watch out Mighty Blackberries! I'm coming for you. In the meantime, I have to recruit more team members.

Thanking God for his luxurious day of sunshine and warmth,
Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment