Monday, June 3, 2013

Three Days of Memos



Memo from Saturday Afternoon
Mowed, mowed, mowed my yard
Round and round I went.
Up one way and down the other,
Now my day is spent.
(Well, half the yard and half the day anyway)


Memo from Sunday Afternoon
Sat, sat, sat around
While I read my book.
Ate some lunch, drank some tea,
Then a nap I took.
(In the warmth of the sun--aaaaah)


Memo for Monday 
Mow, mow, mow some more
Pick up the wind-fall sticks.
Go to school and walk the track
Get in a lap or six.
(With the track team Summer Running Club)



I need to get serious about walking (I don't feel safe walking in my area). Since the track coach suggested it, I am going to walk at the High School track while the Summer Running Club runs, trains, plays games, and whatever else the coach wants energetic teenagers to do to keep in shape for next school year. Other days I will join them at the beach. While they run in the sand and dunes, I will walk the beach and enjoy the ocean, shells, polished stones and birds. It's a start anyway.

If I am going to start, I had better get busy and eat some lunch. School will be out in an hour.

Run, run, run around
Find my shoes and socks
Eat my lunch, join the kids
Then all enjoy our walks.
(Or whatever)

Looking forward to fresh air, mostly clear skies, and cool breezes, (54 degrees),
Jan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment