Wednesday, June 19, 2013

You Know You're... When...

I had to have some blood work done this morning. Since it had to be a fasting blood draw, an early trip to town was called for. I also had a dental appointment. To make things as easy as possible on myself, I went to town early so I could get a bite to eat after giving up my blood and before submitting my teeth to examination and cleaning. Since I wanted something to do while I ate, I took last might's unread paper with me. After reading the first few pages, I flipped to page A11 and chuckled. A11 was not the comics. It was the weather forecast.  Here it is, including high and low temperatures.

Today
63   Rather cloudy with a shower   52
Wed.
62   Rather cloudy with a shower   52
Thurs.
61   Mostly cloudy, showers around   52
Fri.
64   Times of clouds and sun   49
Sat.
64   Partial sunshine   53

After my chuckle had changed into a smile, I thought "you know you're in the Pacific Northwest when the forecast is like this." That isn't true of course, but it got me thinking about other events in our lives that cause us to think along the same lines, things like these:

You know you're getting old when no one asks if you are a senior citizen anymore.
(What? Do you really think I'm older than 55/65?)

You know it's time to clean out your kitchen cupboards when the expiration date on the baking powder is 2005

You know it is time to clean under the couch cushions when there is more money there than in your coin purse. 
(how did all the popcorn get there?)

You know it is time to weed out your clothes closet when the granddaughters come over to find outfits for the school's "good old days" event at school.

You know you are not tech savvy when you don't know an ipad from an ipod from an iphone. 
(an eyeball I know)

You know you need more exercise when you decide to park next to the grocery cart return so you don't have to walk as far to put your cart away.

You know it is springtime in the Pacific Northwest when people start wearing sandals without socks.

You know you are looking at a tourist if  they are using an umbrella.

You know you're getting old when your body is obeying the laws of gravity--every part is falling down. 

You know it's time to go outside when its 63 degrees and rather cloudy instead of 52 with a shower.

I'm heading out

 Have a God day, everybody,
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment